One Pan Mushroom Shakshuka
Prep: 5 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200g Swiss brown cup mushroom, quartered;
- or 200g white button mushroom, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch English spinach, washed, leaves picked
- 4 eggs
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Toasted bread, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until golden. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic. Cook stirring for 30 seconds. Stir through spinach. Cook for 1 minute or until spinach starts to wilt.
- Make 4 holes in pan. Break an egg into each hole. Cook, covered, for 4-5 minutes or until white is set. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle eggs with paprika. Serve immediately with toasted bread.