- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 2
- 250g lean ground beef
- 250g of thinly chopped mushrooms
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (250mL) tomato sauce
- 12 crunchy hard taco shells
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese (175mL)
- 2cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- ¾ cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- ¾ cup sour cream, if desired
- Heat the oven at 120°C
- In large skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Stir in chili powder, salt, garlic powder and tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place taco shells on ungreased baking sheet. Heat at 250°F. for 5 minutes.
- To assemble tacos, layer beef mixture, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes in each taco shell. Serve with salsa; top with sour cream.