BBQ Mushroom Caprese Salad
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, thickly sliced (approx. 1cm)
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- ¼ cup (10g) basil leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 20g butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (60g each) Portabella or Field Mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 220g tub bocconcini, drained and torn
- Place tomatoes, onion, basil and balsamic glaze in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a lightly greased BBQ plate on medium-high. Combine butter and garlic in a small jug. Brush on to mushrooms.
- Place the mushrooms stem side down on the barbecue for 3-4 minutes, or until charred.
- Turn mushrooms. Top with torn bocconcini, close the lid, cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the mushroom is warmed through. Transfer to a serving plate and top with tomato salad.