Mushroom Antipasto Salad
- Preparation: 10 mins + 30 mins marinating
- Serves: 6-8 as side dish
- 400g button mushrooms
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 200g Kalamata olives
- 200g (1 cup) semi-dried tomatoes
- 12 slices char-grilled eggplant*, roughly chopped
- 1 cup small basil leaves
*Note: char-grilled eggplant is available from most delicatessens.
- Place mushrooms into a large bowl. Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine.
- Pour dressing over mushrooms and toss well to coat mushrooms in mixture. Cover and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add olives, semi-dried tomatoes, eggplant and basil leaves to mushrooms and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.