Sourdough With Mushboom!
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
- 200g Swiss brown or Portobello mushrooms sliced, qtr. or halve
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 40g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 3-4 sprigs or Thyme
- In a large frying pan over a high heat, melt the butter and add the thyme.
- Once foaming, add mushrooms and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Sautee at high heat without turning for 2 minutes until the undersides are golden, then flip and continue cooking.
- Drizzle olive oil on bread and toast your bread using the frypan until golden and layer up with your combination of toppings.
Choose your toppings:
Mushrooms & Egg
- 4 Poached eggs, scrambled or sunny side up
- Hollandaise sauce
Mushrooms & Avocado
- 1 Avocado smashed or sliced with squeezed lemon & rock salt
Mushrooms & Cocktail Truss
- 1 Cocktail truss tomato (cook alongside mushrooms in frypan with butter & thyme)
- Crumbled feta