Mediterranean Poke Bowl with Mushrooms
Prep: 15 mins | Cook time: 2 mins | Serves: 4
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 200g packet Perino tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch radish, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 180g packet haloumi, cut into 12 slices
- ¼ cup pepita and sunflower seed mix, toasted
Marinated Button Mushrooms
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 fresh sprigs thyme, coarsely chopped
- 200g white button mushrooms, quartered
- Make marinated button mushrooms.
Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic and thyme in a shallow plate. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Add mushrooms. Toss to coat. Stand for 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Divide lettuce between 4 bowls. Arrange cucumber, tomatoes and radish over salad. Drain mushrooms, reserving 2 tablespoons marinade. Add mushrooms to serving bowls. Add 2 tablespoons oil to reserved marinade. Stir to combine.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add haloumi. Cook for 1 minute each side or until golden and soft. Arrange haloumi in bowls. Drizzle with dressing. Serve sprinkled with seed mix.
Cook’s note: These marinated mushrooms are great also for an antipasto shared plate or to toss through a Summer salad.
You can also use 200g brown button; or 200g larger mushrooms such as Swiss brown or cup, quartered