Soba Noodle Salad With Teriyaki Mushrooms
Prep: 15 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
- 270g packet soba noodles
- 1 bunch asparagus, halved, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 400g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced; or 400g cup mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Cook noodles following packet instructions, adding asparagus for last minute. Drain. Cool under cold running water. Dain well.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, sesame oil and sugar in a large bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add noodle mixture and onion to dressing. Toss until well coated.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add mushrooms to hot pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Add teriyaki sauce and lemon juice. Toss to coat and cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has reduced and mushrooms are glazed.
- Divide noodle mixture between 4 serving bowls. Top with mushrooms and garlic mixture. Serve sprinkled with coriander.