Mushroom & Halloumi Salad
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp dried Greek oregano
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 400g haloumi, drained, sliced (see tip)
- 400g cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil & crusty bread barbecued, to serve
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, chilli and salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk until well combined. Use a little of the marinade to brush over both sides of the haloumi.
- Add the mushrooms to the remaining marinade and stir to coat all the mushrooms. Cover and refrigerate both the mushrooms and haloumi for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a greased barbecue plate on medium-high. Barbecue the mushrooms for 5 minutes, turning occasionally until just tender. Remove to a large bowl.
- Barbecue the haloumi for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and warmed through. Add to the warm mushrooms.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach to the mushrooms and cheese, toss gently to combine.
- Arrange on serving plates, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and serve with barbecued bread.