Mushroom, Smashed Avocado & Feta Breakfast Bruschetta
Prep: 10 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins | Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 200g white button mushroom, halved; or 200g Swiss brown cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 large slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 avocado
- 60g smooth feta
- 250g packet cocktail truss tomatoes, cut into bunches
1 Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushroom and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 5-8 minutes, or until golden. Add garlic. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
2 Meanwhile, roughly mash avocado and feta with a fork. Spread over bread. Spoon over mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with extra thyme. Serve drizzled with extra oil along with tomatoes.