Vegan San Choy Bow
- Serves: 3-4
- Sesame oil
- 250g button mushrooms, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice or quinoa
- Handful coriander leaves
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 ½ tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp raw honey or 100 per cent maple syrup
- Juice ½ lime
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Leaves of 1 small iceberg or butter lettuce, washed & dried
- Heat sesame oil in medium frying pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 4 mins, then add garlic, ginger, carrot and spring onions and cook for a further 3–4 mins.
- Stir through brown rice and add coriander.
- In small bowl combine chill, tamari, honey and lime. Add to frying pan and gently toss through stir fry.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving plat and fill with mushroom mixture. Top with fresh herbs and sesame seeds.
Recipe Courtesy of Eat Well Magazine, created by Lisa Guy